It has been a crazy 6 days! The list of things to do continues to grow each day. Things are getting crossed off though. Todd started refinishing the deck a couple weeks ago and we finished it last night. We were happy to check that off the list. I had a successful start in scheduling Kendra's cleft appointment today. She will be going to Children's Mercy in Kansas City and there is a whole team of doctors that will evaluate her. Her main doctor is a Chinese man whose parents still live in China. His ability to speak Chinese to her might help us out a ton. The hard part is that her appointment is scheduled for June 7th. That's great because she can be seen right away but we'll only be home a week... that could be difficult. If I didn't take the June appointment then I couldn't get her in until July. She's already 19 months old and we want this taken care of as soon as possible for many reasons but speech is a huge one. This team is also willing to try to help us get the kids into their pediatric orthopedic doctors early too. September was the earliest appointment they would give me so I'm hoping these doctors can work their magic. Sometimes when I stop to think about how many medical issues we are dealing with, I can get myself a tad overwhelmed. With God's help, we'll manage just fine. I'm just so happy these 2 can have a new life soon and get the care they need. To all of you that have been praying for our family - THANKS!
I suppose I should be checking items off the list, so I have to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment