Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last Step- Consulate Appt....CHECK!!! :)

This morning we had our Consulate Appt at 8:30 which meant we had to leave by 7:55.  Well, breakfast alone takes us about 1 hour to complete and the littles usually aren't awake until 7:30ish so we had quite the dilemma on how to approach our morning.  My stomach wasn't still 100% so I wasn't willing to risk eating something and throwing up on the way or in the Consulate so I sent Todd and the big kids down to eat and I waited for the littles to wake up.   The first thing Elijah said when he woke up was, "My tummy hurts!"  Ahhhh, not today, we have an appointment!!  I got him dressed and put him back in bed while I got the other 2 ready.  (He even fell asleep again) 
We got to the Consulate, started going through security and Elijah throws up all over Todd and the floor.  The security guard was so nice about it!  Elijah felt better afterwards though....
They went through all our documents and said everything looked fine and that we can pick up the visa tomorrow.  So by 4:15 tomorrow we could actually get out of here but our flight doesn't leave until 10:30 am on Friday!  With all this throwing up, we're officially ready to get home and get in our own house!! 
The littles are taking a nap right now and then we may head back to the pearl/jade market for one more look around.  Tomorrow we are heading to Shamian Island for some shopping and then back to the room to pack it all up. 
I have no pictures from today since we were not allowed to bring cameras into the Consulate but here are some from earlier!







1 comment:

  1. Throwing up is NOT fun! We had quite a bit of that on our trip (nothing like China though!!!) and it did feel amazing to get back to home. For some reason being sick at home is always better than away . . . praying for you guys and can't wait until everyone is safely home!

    ReplyDelete