Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spunky Girl Number 2!!

I thought I'd start this post out telling you a little more about the kids.  We've had Kendra for almost 2 weeks now and let me tell ya, her true self is starting to come alive.  For those of you that know our family well will understand when I say, "I think we've got another Alexa!!"  Yes, Kendra is full of spunk, just like Alexa!  ;)  Any takers on flying home with this child??  We're gonna need lots of prayers!  The only reason I don't want to go home is the thought of trying to keep her content and happy for ALL those hours!  Otherwise, yeah, we're ready to come home.  Getting the kids back on a decent schedule, cooking some home cooked meals again, drinking ice cold water, and sleeping in our own beds will be so nice.  And we miss everyone.

Josiah on the hand is a very quiet little boy.  He is so sweet, loving, and kind.  I'm anxious for him to learn English and to be able to communicate with us.  He does let you know if he doesn't like something just by the look on his face.  He's an excellent eater, pretty much eats anything we put in front of him.  He's learning some sign language and that's helped us communicate.  He absolutely adores Ariana and wants to be with her all the time.  Now I'm sure that doesn't surprise you, she has a heart of gold!  The girls have been a huge help on this trip.  One of them usually helps carry one of the littles so it's helped a ton. 



Here's a picture of our hotel in Guangzhou.  We've really enjoyed it here, very luxurious compared to our other hotels in China.  The 30th floor rotates.  You can eat dinner up there but we haven't because it's really not a place you'd take 7 kids!

This morning we went to a local park.  The parks here are NOT what they are in the US.  Parks are a place that retired people go to do their exercises and to get together.  Here's Isaiah playing hacky sack with an elderly Chinese man.  Yep, he can make a friend anywhere, with anyone!

After the park we went to the pearl and jade market.  Pictured here are the ladies that were stringing the necklaces we bought for the girls.  It's so fun to watch and they are so fast at doing it.

The girls also got a jade necklace and here's Alexa getting hers fitted.  I had to hold her hair up because they use a lighter to seal off the ends of the necklace and the last thing we needed was her hair up in flames!

Tomorrow we are going on a dinner cruise in the evening.  It should be very beautiful with all the city lights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment